Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's top ten Tuesday topic is the top ten most intimidating books.
1) Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin.
The size of this book is intimidating
2) Dragonfly in Amber- Diana Gabaldon.
I am afraid it won't live up my expectations, the first book left me begging for more Jamie.
3) Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell- Susanna Clarke
Another big book i am excited/nervous to read
4) The Last Song- Nicholas Spark
Afraid it won't live up to the hype but it looks really good.
5) Fall of Giants- Ken Follett
Size and and anticipation. I consider Ken Follett to be one of my favorite authors and if I am afraid to be disappointed.
6) In The Shadow of Blackbirds- Cat Winters
The premise sounds super interesting but I am afraid I will be the odd one who does not love this book.
7) When You Were Here- Daisy Whitney
I loved The Mockingbirds so so much. I am afraid I will compare this book to The Mockingbirds.
8) The Demon King- Cinda Williams Chima
Scared of not loving this series.
9) Blood Red Road- Moira Young
Heard mixed things and I am afraid of not loving it after waiting to read it for so long.
10) Beautiful Creatures- Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Big + hype= scared to read but curious.
Two books I was afraid to read but broke down and read and absolutely loved were;
1) Shadow and Bone- Leigh Bardugo (THE DARKLING. READ THIS NOW)
2) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie. (This is a book everyone needs to read, it is a banned book and it made me almost cry. I was seriously tearing up at some parts. I have so much love for this book and I am so sad I waited until this year to read it.