Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shade- Jeri Smith-Ready

Title: Shade
Author: Jeri Smith-Readt
Format: Soft cover
Source: Bought new at Chapter's
Rating: 4/5





Goodreads Summary:
Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.


Well, sort of.


Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.


It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.


As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.


This is an amazing debut book I recommend it to YA lovers. It includes all the great things I love in books, love, romance, paranormal and a love triangle that makes it hard to decide who side to be on. Usually I can choose a side but between Logan and Zach? It’s hard. I still cannot decide. I read this in one sitting. I don’t think I would have been able to put it down.  This was a book that I for awhile due to the cover.   I finally did though after read so many reviews raving about it.


Aura has the ability to see ghosts. Pre-Shifters are people unable to see ghost because they were born before the shift which there is no explanation to. Scientist and others are trying to find the answer as to why the shift actually happened and why only people born after the shift can see the ghosts. Aura has to deal with the loss of her boyfriend Logan. The grief she feels is haunting and sad. As I was reading the story I felt Aura’s pain because of how beautifully this book is written. Aura and Logan try to keep their relationship as it was before Logan died.  Aura is unable to touch Logan and as she becomes closer to Zach her relationship with Logan becomes strained.


Oh Logan why did you need to make such a terrible decision. Logan wants to still be a part of Aura’s life but is struggling to keep in touch with the world he left and the one he is in now. He starts to slip as Zach and Aura become closer. Aura is trying to keep him from becoming a shade but his temper is pulling him towards becoming a shade.


Zachary has a Scottish accent. I don’t think I have to say anymore. He is paired up with Aura for a project which she is not overly pleased about. He is smart, funny and insightful. I cannot decide if I like him or Logan more. I find Logan is selfish were Zach is more giving but Logan’s love for Aura is keeping me from being able to choose a side.


I must read the sequel as soon as possible. What are your thoughts on this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment