Monday, September 30, 2013

Six Months Later- Natalie Richards

Title: Six Months Later
Author: Natalie D. Richards
Source: From the publisher
Series: Standalone
Rating: 4/5















Goodreads Summary:

Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.

What happened to her? 
And why can't she remember?


Chole wakes up in a classroom with no memory of what happened. She remembers nodding off in her class and she wakes up in the same place but instead of the nice weather she fell asleep to she wakes up in the winter with no clue of what happened. Her best friend is not speaking to her and she is now dating the guy she has had a crush on forever but something does not feel right when she is with him.

The concept of the story was extremely creepy. I cannot even imagine how it would feel to wake up one day and have no idea what happened to you for the last six months and be a completely different person. I thought Chole handled this pretty well, she kept her cool as she tried to figure out what was going on with her. The story at times felt incomplete at times but there was enough information available to not be completely lost. 

I really liked all the characters in the story they felt realistic.  Adam has a lot of back story that was only briefly shown. I feel like there was a lot more to him that was left in the dark. Maggie and Chole\s past was another part I would have liked to see more of, we get a quick answer of why they are no longer friends but I feel like there was a lot more to it than what was given.

The ending seemed a little rushed to me with a lot of loose ends. I feel like this should have been a series,  the big questions were answered but I feel like there should have been more of a wrap up of the ending.  Overall I really liked this novel, it was creepy and interesting. I read this in two days, super quick read and I would recommend it if you are looking for something creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment