Friday, February 14, 2014

Not a Drop To Drink- Mindy McGinnis

Title: Not a Drop to Drink
Author: Mindy McGinnis
Source: Kindle
Series: Standalone
Rating: 4/5









I feel like I am the last person on Earth to read this book. I am so glad I read it. There is a large shortage of water. The cities are experiences the worse of the water shortage so people have fled the cities and found refuge in the country. Lynn was raised by her mother and told the most important thing to do is to protect the pond. She grows up learning not only how to read and write but also how to shoot a gun and kill anyone who comes close to the pond.. One day while looking out from her roof she spots smoke in the distance and she knows she will have to fight to kill to defend herself. 

Lynn is a unique character who has not had much contact with anyone besides her mother in her entire life. She only knows how to work hard, she has never had the luxury of just relaxing. She must constantly fight to survive. 

The biggest thing you need to know going into this book is that Lynn takes no one's crap and she is a awesome protagonist and she can kick butt. There is a lot that happens in this novel but I liked the not knowing going into it. The ending took me by surprise and I can see where this novel can either be a standalone or a series.


No comments:

Post a Comment