Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sever- Lauren DeStefano

Title: Sever
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Source:  Borrowed
Series: Yes
Rating: 3/5








Goodreads Summary:

With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.

Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.


This is the final book in the Chemical Garden series. It took me a long time to read this, I was not a fan of the second book and I had no plans to finish the series but I was continuously recommended to finish this series so it took me awhile but I finally did it.

The final book in the series was my second favorite book in the series. I really enjoyed the first book, and I was sadly disappointed in the second book and I liked how the story wrapped up. This review may contain spoilers.

Rhine is back at the house with Vaughn and Linden. I was not a fan of Rhine in this novel. She started the series as this hard girl who knows how to take care of herself and is desperate to get back to her brother, Rowan and she has turned into a completely different person. She was so upset about being married off to Linden but she never takes her wedding ring off and gets jealous of Cecily and Linden's relationship. It was frustrating.

The storyline is continuing from the first novel. The world has grown and the characters from previous novels have made an appearance in this novel. I thought the ending was a too neatly wrapped up. There was not a lot of resolution to this story.  I am glad that I did read this novel but I was disappointed with this series overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment