Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review of A Paris Affair by Tatiana De Rosnay

Title: A Paris Affair
Author: Tatiana De Rosnay
Source: From the publisher 
Series: Standalone
Rating: 4/5









Goodreads Summary:

Does a fruit taste its sweetest when it is forbidden? Is that which is prohibited always the most pleasurable? In this passionate and perceptive collection, Tatiana de Rosnay paints a portrait of the most forbidden of loves, in many different shades—sometimes tragic, sometimes humorous, sometimes heartfelt, always with a dry wit and an unflinching authenticity. 

I have always been a fan of Tatiana De Rosnay's books since I read Sarah's Key.  I am not usually a fan of short stories, but I enjoyed this collection. This is a collection of short stories about adultery set in modern day.


The start of this book threw me off at first since her books are normally set in a historical setting so when the book mentioned a cell phone it caught me off guard. The book was split between men and women committing adultery. In some  stories both parties were married and in others only one was married and the other was single.


There is eleven stories and each of the women in the story has a different perspective of their marriage and how they find out that their husband has cheated on them. There is revenge and sadness and sometimes even humour. 

I liked all of the stories and I am looking forward to her future work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment