Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bittersweet- Sarah Ockler

Title: Bittersweet
Author: Sarah Ockler
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4/5







Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life, and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances… a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been.

So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life…and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done.

It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last….
I loved Twenty Boy Summer, so of course I had to read her other books.
Bittersweet starts off with a bang. You are thrown immediately into the story of Hudson and her family. The first chapter broke my heart. I was instantly hooked and could not wait to read more.
I love the entire design of this book. The cupcake flavours at the beginning of each chapter were amazing. I wanted to eat them all. To top it off this cover is gorgeous; I love the color of the background and the icing sugar.  I cannot leave that out. Yum.

Oh Hudson, I had mixed emotions about you. She could be selfless and selfish all in the same sentence. I loved how realistic she was, I could relate to her. She was a normal person who faces the same issues everyone does every day. I’m glad she finally found a happy medium.  I loved the dynamic relationship between Hudson and Bug. He is seriously the cutest sibling I have seen in a book yet. He is so smart and funny. He was my favourite character.
Josh was so frustrating. He was hot then cold. I wanted to shake him sometimes to knock some sense into him but if I did that then there would be no slow burning romance. In the end he was amazing.  Will irritated me at first but he redeemed himself.  He did a lot of growing up in the book so I was quite impressed.
Bittersweet just increased my love for Sarah Ockler. I was an avid fan after reading Twenty Boy Summer, and now I am obsessed. I cannot wait to read another one of her books. Hopefully another one comes out soon. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment