Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Asunder- Jodi Meadows

Title: Asunder
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: Yes, second book
Source: Borrowed from the library
Rating: 3.5/5
















DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.


Thoughts

It took me over half way thought this book for me to get hooked. I loved the first one and eagerly awaited the sequel but I was really underwhelmed by it. I will check out the third book to complete the series but I was hoping for something more out of this book.

Characters

Ana seemed to regress as a character in this novel in the beginning. I found her really whiny and she was hard to connect with. I found her asking for a lot from Sam and her friends but really not putting herself out there for them in return. She wowed me a lot more in the first novel and I was looking for that fierceness in this novel. I was a little disappointed in Sam also, he started to ignore his friends and only ever spend time with Ana which was frustrating to me and also to characters in the book. I felt like he was constantly trying to get her to love him. I love Ana + Sam but I was hoping to see some development outside of them being a couple. I know I am being nit picky about Ana and Sam but I just wanted more from them. I did fall in love with a character and he seriously rocked this book. Who you may ask was this said character? It was Chris of course.  I loved how selfless he was and how sweet and kind. Just so many things. He accepted Ana even though he had history with Sam. I just loved this character so much. Plus he was the one in charge of the beautiful roses so how could you not love him?!

Plot

It continues from the first book with the plot. Ana finds she might not be as alone as she first though and dark secrets are revealed about the past of the citizens of Heart. It was quite dark, like the first book it left me wondering where the story is going from here.

Conclusion

I expected a lot more from this book than it provided, but I am hopeful that the third book will provide some answers. It took me over half way to get hooked to the story again but the ending was strong and makes me want to find out what is going to happen to Ana know. I know I am ranting a little bit and maybe I will love this book more after the third one but for right now I am giving a 3.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment