Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Shadowhunter's Codex- Cassandra Clare

Title: The Shadowhunter's Codex
Author: Cassandra Clare
Source: Borrowed from the library
Series: Companion/ reference novel
Rating: 3/5








This is going to be a mini review for this book since this is a reference companion to the Moral Instrument series. These are my thoughts in short form of what I thought of this novel.


I felt like this did have some additional information about the shadowhunter world, but a lot of the information is revealed during the series anyways. This was just some background information about the shadowhunters history and the history of other downworlders.  There is a completely seperate story that happens in the margins of this novel which is quite amusing. The different characters occasionally blended together and I had a hard time at times telling the different between the narrators. Clarys was easy to pick out but everyone else sort of blended together at times. 


The big thing that bothered me about this book was it did not really add anything to the story.  This is a book I could have not read any still understood what was going on in the series. It took almost 100 pages for this to become interesting. This is something I think that would have been better reading this bits and pieces. I read this as a novel and read it front to back. If I would have read this as a reference book. If you are a fan of the series this would be a nice addition to a collection but its not a must have for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment