Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Resolutions


Every year  I make new year's resolutions and I normally do some of them, but not all of them so this year I am going to try to stick to at least half of them for the entire year. I have already started some of them and have found it surprisingly easy to do so I hope I can keep it up.

New Year Resolutions

1) Exercise more, I’m not unhealthy but I could be healthier so I want to walk more. We have nice trails down the street from us and I don’t take advantage of them. I have also started to listen to more audio books, so this will go good with resolution #2.
2) Read more. I find I spend a lot of time on the computer, I want to try to read at least an hour a day even if it’s at work or before bed, I am going to try to put aside an hour a day instead of trying to cram a ton of reading into a day off to make up for the time during the rest of the week that I watch TV or go on the computer.  I want to keep my blog active, but try to plans things more ahead.
3) Cook more meals.  I love to cook, but working afternoons I find that I don’t want to cook before work, but I am trying to change that. So far this week I made potato soup and this morning I made a meat pie.  This also goes along with my next resolution.
4) Get up earlier and eat healthier. I have been trying this week to get up an hour earlier than usual in order to get more done before work. So far it has been good. As stated above, I have gotten more cooking done and I have also been able to have time for breakfast and a coffee at home instead of grabbing one on the way to work which saves money too.  Also eating at home, I know exactly what is going into my meals which will heal me eat better.
4) Buy fewer books and read more of the ones I already have.  I buy a lot of books, my bookshelves are packed full, I have no more room.  I am going to try to limit myself to 1-2 new books a month and 4 used books.  I don’t buy books every week, but when I do it is usually more than one so I want to try to read more of what I have and get new releases from the library.
5) Spend less.  I have already started this with the breakfast and coffee at home and also limiting myself to the amount of books I will buy.  I bought my house in April of this year and we have already done a lot of renovations on it, but I want to do more so saving money where I can will help.
6) Be a more active blogger. I know I am contradicting myself by saying I want to read more, but I feel like I don’t spend enough time on other blogs and my own. I want to try to spend less time on random websites and more on book sites when I am on the computer.

What are your new year’s resolutions? Any suggestions for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment