Monday, April 9, 2012

Love and Leftovers- Sarah Tregay

Title: Love and Leftover
Author: Sarah Tregay
Series: No
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4.5/ 5












Happy Easter Monday! I hope everyone had some great food and some time with the family. I had two delicious meals with my family and one with the boyfriends family so I was pretty spoiled. 
Now onto the book.

"Love and Leftovers" is a powerfully written debut novel that chronicles one teen's journey navigating family, friends, and love.
Love, friendship and betrayal are just some of the things this book will show you. This is written in verse and is told from the perspective of Marcie who is forced to move away with her mother after her mother discovers that her husband is gay.

We follow the protagonist as she deals with the shock of learning her father is gay while also learning how to adjust to a long-distance relationship with her boyfriend Linus.  She starts at a new school and has to find her place at a new school.

This book caught me off guard. I did not see the story playing out like it did. I loved how it was in verse, it made the book. I loved the story; I do not even know how to fully explain it without giving any of it away so I will just say read it as soon as possible because it is soooo good.

Marcie was not who I thought she would be, she made lots of mistakes, but she learned from them.  She frustrated me but she grew as a character. Oh Linus you are a new book crush for me.  He was sweet and kind and a musician. I have a slight book crush on him.

Please ignore this terrible review and pick this book up. It has left me in a jumble mess of emotions and a I cannot make a proper sentence.   This is a sepectacular debut novel, I cross my heart and promise you will love it just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment