Thursday, May 16, 2013

Angelology- Danielle Trussoni




Title: Angelology
Author: Danielle Trussoni
Source: Bought new
Series: Yes. Book one.
Rating: 3/5
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Goodreads Summary:
 
Sister Evangeline was just a girl when her father entrusted her to the Franciscan Sisters of. Perpetual Adoration in upstate New York. Now, at twenty-three, her discovery of a 1943 letter from the famous philanthropist Abigail Rockefeller to the late mother superior of Saint Rose Convent plunges Evangeline into a secret history that stretches back a thousand years: an ancient conflict between the Society of Angelologists and the monstrously beautiful descendants of angels and humans, the Nephilim.
 

The premise of this book was certainly interesting but I found that it read a lot like a text book. I understood the author wanted to show how much research she put into this novel and that the characters in the novel were scholarly but I found myself reading it slowly because it did not grab my attention like I thought it would. I enjoyed the flash backs into the past and to see where the older characters started and what events occurred to shape them into the people they were today but I was hoping for more of a story.
 
There is a lot of people in this book to keep track of, it takes a little getting used to because characters start to overlap. I liked the author started to show connections between characters which made them easier to keep track of.
 
The ending was disappointing. It felt really rushed while the rest of the novel was at a slower pace, it did not match the feel of the novel and it felt quite out of place. I did not like how fast characters changed sides and I felt like a lot of things were unresolved. The ending felt like it needs to sequel to answer the questions remaining. I was hoping this book would feel more like a standalone with the option of reading the sequel to continue the story. This is a book I will be passing along, I gave it a 3/5 due to the fact that it was well written, but it was just not for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment