Friday, December 28, 2012

Burning Blue- Paul Griffin

Title: Burning Blue
Author: Paul Griffin
Source: Borrowed from the library
Series: Standalone
Rating: 4.5/5














How far would you go for love, beauty, and jealousy?

When Nicole Castro, the most beautiful girl in her wealthy New Jersey high school, is splashed with acid on the left side of her perfect face, the whole world takes notice. But quiet loner Jay Nazarro does more than that--he decides to find out who did it. Jay understands how it feels to be treated like a freak, and he also has a secret: He's a brilliant hacker. But the deeper he digs, the more danger he's in--and the more he falls for Nicole. Too bad everyone is turning into a suspect, including Nicole herself.

Award-winning author Paul Griffin has written a high-stakes, soulful mystery about the meaning--and dangers--of love and beauty.


This book is so underrated. I want to send everyone I know a copy of this book to get it out there. It is sooo good. I could not make a coherent thought after finishing this book. The point of view comes from Jay who is fascinated by Nicole and who is determined to find out who threw the acid on her. It gave such a different point of view, Jay starts falling to Nicole the more he tries to find who hurt her. As his list of suspects grows, he starts to wonder of Nicole did this to herself.

Nicole was a complex character. She was not just a beauty queen. She is smart and sweet and when the acid is thrown on her I felt devastated for her. I could not comprehend who could do something so horrific. I loved Jay, he was so sweet. He puts himself in danger to find out what happened to Nicole. He starts to come out of his shell in order to help her.

This story is so sad and the scary part is it has happened. How could someone do this just because they are jealous. The story flowed so well, the writing was beautiful and the characters were so amazing. I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. The ending. Wow. It was so twisty. I was convinced I figured it out but then Griffin put a whole new twist into the story that left me gaping and needed to finish the book. I want to re-read this over and over again. I feel like there were so many clues I overlooked in my first read of this and I want to go back and see it in a new light. I really hope this book gets a ton of attention. All of the characters have depth and the story was just so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment