Friday, January 25, 2013

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian- Sherman Alexie

Title:  The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Author: Sherman Alexie
Source: Gifted from my secret Santa
Series: Standalone
Rating: 5/5














Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.

Warning: I am a total fan girl of this book and may have ramble slight so I apologize in advance.

I started 2013 with this book and I finished it on New Year's day a few hours after I finished it. I am really glad I started 2013 with such a great book. I  got this fabulous book from my secret Santa.

Junior makes a decision to leave the Indian reservation to go to a all-white farm town high school. He is shunned by the people he lives on the reserve with and he feels like he does not fit in with the kids at his new school either. Junior was so brave. It took a lot of courage for him to step out of his comfort zone and better himself.

The plot is amazing. Sherman Alexie based his book of his own experiences. This book really just grabs you and makes you realize that this author is telling a real story, the things that Junior is experiencing is happening and will continue to happen unless more awareness is made and more help is given.

This book is just so good. It's beautiful and sad. I hope that this book gets taken off the banned book list because really more people should read this book. I am sad I waited so long, I want to tell everyone I know to read this and do not put it off like I did because you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment