Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shut Out- Kody Keplinger

Title: Shut Out
Author: Kody Keplinger
Source: Bought new
Series: No
Rating: 4.5/5














Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part,Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention. Then Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: She and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. But what Lissa never sees coming is her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling...

I am almost sad that I read this book because I have read everything by Kody Keplinger now and I already miss her books. She goes places that most books just skirt around and I absolutely love how she can do this. I have flown through all three of her books and I recommend all three highly.

Lissa is tired of fighting for her boyfriend Randy's attention. She feels like he cares more about the rivalry between the soccer and football team so she decides to fight back by going on a hookup strike with the girlfriends of the other football and soccer players girlfriends. 

Battle of the sexes? Hookup strike. Awesome. Lissa is a little neurotic, she tries to control her life as much as possible.  Since losing her mom she feels like she needs to control everything in her life.  Her best friend Chole keeps her in line and is the complete opposite of her which evens her out. Chole is a great best friend, she sticks up for Lissa and she never turns her back on her. I loved there friendship. There were the boys.  Oh the boys. I loved Cash, he's smart, athletic and he likes to read. Amazing. He is pretty high up on the hot boy book list. Randy was a jerk but really I did not expect much from him so when he started acting like a jerk I predicted it. 

I loved the plot. Attempting to stop a school rivalry by cutting off hooking up plus swoony hot boy? Completely sucked in.  I know I am probably completely botching the explanation of this book but all I can say is like her two other books this one is also amazing. It is a little more mature than a lot of YA books out there which I loved about it. All I can say is read it and tell me what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment