Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Do you count Novellas?

This is a question that I see a lot of Blogger's asking which is do you count novellas towards your reading goals?

I personally do count novellas towards my reading goal. The reason is because I love novellas. I love when they either help hold me over until the next book in a series comes out or it gives me a sneak peek into a series or a novel that I am thinking of reading. I love reading them between books, I use them when I have a ton of library books that I want to get through but I feel guilty about not reading my own books. The solution? Read a novella. I cross off one of my own books while also getting back to my library books. 

 The only downside of novellas is the price. When I see a novella for over $3 I will not buy it. I love them, but I also remind myself that I am not getting much for that price which seems awful and I do feel terrible about it a times, but I also buy all my own books so when I have to spend over $3 on a novella which may only be 20 pages I do not feel like it is money well spent. 

I have included my favorite novellas that I hope more people check out.

  • As They Slip Away- Beth Revis 
  • Free Four: Tobias Tells the Story- Veronica Roth
  • Origins: The Fire- Debra Driza
  • Night of Cake Puppets- Laini Taylor
  • Warm Up- Victoria Schwab
  • Among the Nameless Stars- Diana Peterfreund 

Please let me know if you have any novellas to recommend to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment