Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Resolutions for 2012

I know I already talked about my New Year’s Resolutions but this is strictly book related. I swear. These are my reading goals for 2012. I am determined to do as many as I can.  I love giving myself reading challenges.
1) Audio Books
It took me awhile but now I am hooked to audio books, especially while I am cleaning.  I can do my boring housework and listen to a book.  I love it. I am trying to read 12 audio books. One a month, in the past I have only listened to a few, but it is something I am determined to do more of.
2) The Book Addict’s Reading Group Challenge for 2012
That is a long title, but it is totally worth it.  This awesome group on Goodreads called The Book Addicts who host a yearly individual reading goal challenge. The rules are simple, you choose 12 books + 2 alternates that have been on your reading list for over a year and the books have to be over a year old. I love this and I participate every year.  I try to think of 12 books I want to read but never seem to have the time to read when I want to. I am determined to finish all 12 books this year. Last year I believe I missed three.
3) Classics
I want to read more classics. I have read I would think a fare share but I want to read more.  A great friend from work started me out with three for Christmas. My goal is to read at least 5. I can think of five that I own and want to read so this hopefully will not be too hard to accomplish.
4) Variety
2011 was the year of YA for me.  I love YA, but I find I am neglecting other books, so this year I am trying to read an adult book for every YA book I read.  I also want to read more variety of YA books; I read a lot of paranormal in 2011. I want to read more historical fiction and contemporary.
5) E-Books
There are a lot of non-physical books that I have that I also want to get through this year. I always feel guilty if I choose an e-book over a physical book.  I was lucky enough to receive a Blackberry Playbook for my birthday which I promptly filled with books. My goal is to read at least 10 e-books this year on top of all the other books I want to read. Sigh.
6) Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge
I love to sign up for reading challenges. This is another challenge that I sign up for every year.  In 2011 I read 142 books so my goal for 2012 is to read 160. I have given myself lots of options and I will never have an issue of a shortage of books. I am hoping to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment