Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday- The Disenchantments

Name: The Disenchantments
Author: Nina Lacour
 Format: Hardcover
Publish Date: February 16th, 2012
Series: No














Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev's band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she's abandoning their plans - and Colby - to start college in the fall.
But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie- Colby struggles to deal with Bev's already-growing distance and the most important question of all: what's next?
Morris Award—finalist Nina LaCour draws together the beauty and influences of music and art to brilliantly capture a group of friends on the brink of the rest of their lives.

The Disenchantments  is the story of Colby and Bev. They have been friends for years and have a long-standing pact to graduate, then hit the road with Bev’s band and then spend a year in Europe.  However, after the tour kicks off, Bev breaks the pact and tells Colby she is heading to college in the fall instead, leaving Colby wondering what he is going to do next.
I have heard some pretty great things about this novel.  First it is from a Colby’s POV, which I always enjoy getting a boys insight to life and second it features The Disenchantments who are the world’s worse girl band.  I like the sounds of the book, but I already feel bad for Colby.  I want to know why Bev decides to ditch him. I am all for post secondary education, but what I want to know is why she decides to tell him after they are on the road together for the summer.  Clearly I must read this book when it comes out so I can get my answers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment