Monday, March 26, 2012

Incarnated-Jodi Meadows




Title: Incarnated
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: Yes
Format: Hardcover
Series: Yes
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 3.5/5

 








 

New soul

No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

I would have never have read this book if it was not for book bloggers so I must first thank every book blogger who mentioned this book. It sounded interesting, but it probably would have been a book I would have forgotten about it if was not for fellow bloggers so thank you.

I wasn't sure what to expect of this book in all honesty. I had no idea what direction the author would take and if I would even like the book, but the reviews and georgeous cover drew me in.

Ana is a newsoul or a nosoul as her mother likes it call her. She has never been incarnated and her mother blames her for taking the spot of a soul who was suppost to be reincarnaed. Ana leaves her mothers house to find out why she was born.

Sam thinks Ana is a sign of good things to come and takes her in and helps her get to Heart to discover why she was born.

I found the beginning a little predictable but I pressed on. Ana and her mother Li are the first  charaters introuduced. Lin has always made Ana feel unwanted and blames her for everything bad that has happened to her including Ana's father leaving them. Frustrated and confused, Ana leaves for the city of Heart to discover why she is a new soul and if she is the only one. The book picks up pretty quickly from here, Ana almost drowns when Sam rescues her.

I found the relationships were confusing. I still feel lost how everyone is connected from past lives. We get a glimpse of how these people might be connected, but it's never made fully clear. Sam and Steph confused me a lot also. Were they together in a past life or were they only friends? Will we find out in the next books? It seemed they were a couple in the past, but it is never fully brought up.

Ana and Sam. There relationship I still do not fully understand. It was clear they cared for each other and the attraction was there, but was Sam attracted to Ana or the person she was suppost to come back as? Maybe I am trying to get too much out of the story, but I felt like they had a connection but it did not feel completely real to me.

The premise of the story is about incarnation. In the beginning we get a flash of what happened when Ana was born, but that is it. There is not must else given as to why souls come back or if it has always been this way. I was hoping for more backstory.

Oh Ana, you are impulsive and easily offened. She was one of my favourite characters because she was so realistic. She got scared and confused and she could admit it. Sometimes she was impulsive, but she was also brave. She grew a lot as a charatcer in the book, In the beginning she always looked for punishment but she grew a backbone and became a strong main character. I liked her a lot.

Steph was my other favourite character. She was funny and she was likeable. She has been connected to Sam for hundereds of years, but was still willing to let someone else into his life. I liked her and I wish we got to see more of her and learn what happened to her in her past lives.

Sam was the character I felt we learned the most about his past lives, but I still feel like there was a lot left unsaid. Why did the dragons target him?

I am a little scattered brained after this book. I feel like pieces of the story are missing and I want the gaps to be filled. It kept me wanting more and I will check out the next book in the series in the hopes of having my questions answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment