Friday, March 23, 2012

The Way We Fall- Megan Crewe

Title: The Way We Fall

Author: Megan Crewe

Format: Hardcover

Series: Yes

Source: Bought used

Rating: 4.5/5









It starts with an itch you just can’t shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you’ll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you’re dead.

When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.

Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.

Because how will she go on if there isn’t?


Warning- While reading this book you may become convinced everyone around you is carrying this virus and may become slightly paranoid. I advise you read this alone, away from the human population so you will be less convinced everyone is ill. You may still think you are.

A deadly virus has swept through Kaelyn's island community causing the government to quarantine the island. None is allowed to leave and none can come back. She starts a journal to a friend who got out before the virus began and has no idea what is happening. She keeps a log of what is happening, now it starts with an itch and ends with death.

Kaelyn teams up with her former enemy and the community that is left to battle through the virus and keep the island from falling into complete disarray.

This book freaked me right out. I work in health care so I know how easily a virus can spread and the damage it can cause. Reading about it is pretty scary. I was completely convinced everyone who coughed or scratched had somehow contracted this virus even though it is only in a book. I used a lot of hand sanitizer while reading. I am still not completely convinced it is fiction.

The characters are amazing, the story is scary and the ending is perfect. I loved every aspect of this book, nothing lacked. I wish it would have been longer. I want the second book so I know what happens next. What will happen after the outbreak, who is left and what measures will be taken to contain the virus. I need theses answers.

The biggest question I want answered is how the virus originated. Please book number two answer my questions. I may be paranoid while reading you but I am willing to take the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment