Thursday, March 1, 2012

Paper Towns- John Green

Title: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Format: Audio book
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4/5











When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night—dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows her. Margo’s always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she’s always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they’re for Q.

I am officially a John Green fan. I enjoyed Looking for Alaska, but after Paper Towns I have become an official fan.  I found the feel of the story was a lot like Looking for Alaska to me but I did not mind. I loved all of the characters.
Paper towns POV is from Quentin Jacobsen. Yes this is from a boy’s point of view. Yes it is awesome. After Quentin is summoned by Margo Roth Spiegelman to join her on a night of adventure and revenge Margo disappears. Q has been in love with Margo forever and he cannot understand why she has disappears and starts to look for answers to whys she left and how to get her back. 
Margo was a frustrating character, I found her to be a little snotty. Q is completely oblivious to the world around him when Margo is around.  I thought I would find this completely frustrating and lose interest but Green makes Q friends bring him back to reality. I loved it. It was realistic. I laughed out loud and felt utter sadness the next page.  Like all Green books, this book will pull your emotions in every direction.
I loved Q & Margo’s friends. They are people you can relate to. Raid-Air is my favourite hands down. Favourite part of him in the book is in the gas station with the t-shirt. Read and understand why it is ironic for him to be wearing said t-shirt.
I will stop rambling about this book and urge you to buy it so you can become a ramble weirdo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment