Monday, March 12, 2012

Anna Dressed In Blood- Kendare Blake

Title: Anna Dressed in Blood
Author: Kendare Blake
Format: E-Book
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4/5
Series: Yes, book one










If I had to use one word to describe this book it would be creepy.  It is fast-paced and exhilarating.  This book throws you right into the life of Cas and his ability to kill ghosts. This is a job that was passed down to him when his father died when he was seven. Cas, his witch mother and her spirit sniffing cat travel the world following ghost stories.  The latest ghost story brings them to Thunder Bay where a ghost named Anna Dressed in Blood.  She was a ghost who was brutally murdered in 1958 when she was walking home from a school dance. Since her murder she has killed anyone who enters her Victorian house, except for Cas. She decides to spare his life, why?
This book exceeded my expectations.  When I first read the summary for it I pictured Brothers Grimm. I was so wrong. This book grabbed me the second I started reading it. I did not want to put it down. This story will grab you and not let go. It was very cryptic and gruesome, not at all what I expected. I figured it would have some creepy factor but it would be downplayed. Again I was wrong.  This book made me want to curl up in a corner with all the lights on.  I was in the mood for something dark and that is exactly what this book delivered and more.
I liked everything about this book, it so hard to pin point exactly what made it so great for me. The characters and the story flowed together so well. There was no point where I felt myself skimming. I read every word and took my time savouring it.  I loved the ending.  It leaves you wanting more of Anna and Cas.
The cover is just a glimpse into the amazing story it contains.  It is one of my favourite covers; It’s so dark and twisty, it complements the story.
I loved this book for its darkness. If you are looking for something a little dark and creepy I whole heartily recommend this book.  I loved Blake’s writing style and cannot wait for Girl of Nightmares to come out. I already miss Anna and Cas.

No comments:

Post a Comment