Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday- Tilt

Title: Tilt

Author: Ellen Hopkins

Format: Hardcover

Series: Sort of?

Release date: September 11 2012










TILT is the story of three teens inter-related through their parents' family relationships and friendships. As their parents pull away, caught up in their own dilemmas, the kids' worlds tilt, through love--good and bad:

Mikayla, almost eighteen, is over-the-top in love with Dylan, who loves her back jealously. But what happens to that love when Mikayla gets pregnant the summer before their senior year, and decides to keep the baby?

Shane turns sixteen that same summer, and falls hard in love with his first boyfriend, Alex, who happens to be HIV positive. Shane has lived for four years with his little sister's impending death. Can he accept Alex's love, knowing his life, too, will be shortened?

Harley is fourteen—a good girl searching for new experiences, especially love from an older boy. She never expects to hurdle toward self-destructive extremes in order to define who she is and who she wants to be.


Tilt is the YA companion of sorts to her adult novel Triangles. It features the teenagers in her adult book. I am soo excited for this one. Anything by Hopkins is amazing. I loved her adult novel, and I cannot wait to see the story through the eyes of the teenagers.

Mikayla- I want to find out what is going to happen with her and Dylan and what her parents are going to do when she decides to keep the baby.

Shane- Alex  & Shane are such a sweet couple. I want them to last and I want to know how Shane is going to react as Alex slowly gets sicker. Will he stay with him or will he find someone new?

Harley. Oh poor Harley. I felt such sympathy for her in Triangles. I'm glad I get to see her again. I hate the path she is taking to experience new things, including a older boy.

I am going to build a time machine so I can get my hands on this book faster. I want to read it now! Why must I wait to find out how everything is going? why????? I am done rambling. For now.

P.S. I swear this is the last thing. Pinky swear. Have you seen the awesomeness that is this cover? I love the colors, it's plain and simple but still sooo pretty. Ok really done now.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this book or Ellen Hopkins but you definitely have me interested in reading it and I agree, the cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete