Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday-Code Name Verity

Title: Code Name Verity
Author: Elizabeth E. Wein
Format: Hardcover
Series: No
Release Date: May 15 2012

This is late and I appologize. Blogger is not putting my post up when I schedule them. Quite frustrating to say the least. To make up for this I have chosen and awesome book this week.

Two young women from totally different backgrounds are thrown together during World War II: one a working-class girl from Manchester, the other a Scottish aristocrat, one a pilot, the other a wireless operator. Yet whenever their paths cross, they complement each other perfectly and before long become devoted friends. But then a vital mission goes wrong, and one of the friends has to bail out of a faulty plane over France. She is captured by the Gestapo and becomes a prisoner of war. The story begins in "Verity''s" own words, as she writes her account for her captors.

This is a historical fiction about two girls are thrown together during WW2 each playing a different role. One is a wireless operator while the other is a pilot. The girls come from completely different backgrounds but come to be friends. When one of the girl’s missions goes wrong, she is captured by the Gaspo and becomes a prisoner of War. She writes her account of her captures.
I have seen this book floating around a few blogs so I decided to check it out. It sounds amazing. I am a huge fan of historical fiction, especially WW2. This is a book I will be moving to the top of my TBR list.


No comments:

Post a Comment