Thursday, March 8, 2012

Graffiti Moon- Cath Crowley

Title: Graffiti Moon
Author: Cath Crowley
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought new
Rating: 3/5











Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

This review has been so hard to write.  I have seen all these amazing reviews raving the greatness of this book, and I just did not feel it with this book. I was disappointed in it. It did not live up to my expectations, I absolutely loved the cover, but I found the characters to be mediocre and I did not like Lucy at all.
This is a book I wish I could have borrowed, but unfortunately the book was not available at my library so I purchased it. I having a little bit of buyer’s remorse on this one unfortunately, I really wanted to absolutely love it.  This is completely my personal view on this, I think it was just not the book for me, but I know lots of other readers who have loved it.
 I wanted to connect with Lucy, but she drove me insane. Her obsession with Shadow was for lack of a better word irritating. I wanted to snack her upside the head constantly.  She was very one sided and boring. However, she is not completely hopeless. I enjoyed seeing her artistic side with the glass. I wish more of this Lucy was found throughout the book, the Lucy we seen when she talked about her art was completely different from the one sided obsessive Lucy.
Shadow I liked you. A lot. Your art was so interesting, I love how your identity was revealed at the beginning, but you did not reveal your true identity to the others until later. It was like being let into a secret only you know. You want to tell everyone, but you know you can’t. Loved it. I loved the descriptions of his art and Poet’s poetry to go along with it. 
Poet you did not get enough credit, your small chapter’s scattered throughout the book were not enough. 
Overall, I enjoyed the story itself but I was not completely in love with the characters. I would read another book by this author, but I would borrow it before buying it. I know lots of people have enjoyed this book so I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I think this is the first review I've read where it hasn't been loved :(

    I love Graff. Moon but I actually loved Cath's first book Chasing Charlie Duskin (aka A Little Wanting Song in the USA) even more so I highly recommend that to you!

    Maybe you could give this book to a friend or fellow blogger or sell it, if that would make you feel better? :)

    ReplyDelete