Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Duff- Kody Keplinger


Title: The Duff
Author: Cody Keplinger
Source: Bought used
Series: No
Rating: 4.5/5














Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face. 

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.
Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

Why did I wait so long to read this book? It was soo good. It went places I did not think it would. This is not a book I would recommend for a younger audience as it does have some pretty steamy moments.

Bianca was a dark, cynical character that kept her dark attitude throughout the entire book. She was not played off as an innocent girl; she had a twisted side that I loved.  She was sarcastic but her friends accepted her. I found all the characters to be pretty realistic. They all had there flaws that they displayed and were acknowledge. The home life of Bianca was sad. I felt for her a lot, but I also liked how the author portrayed it.

I loathed Wesley in the beginning. I thought he was this awful jerk and I could not understand why Bianca was even giving him the time of day. By the end I adored him, he completely changes and shows this sensitive side I would have never guessed existed. Do not give up on Wesley, he does get better. 

It’s really hard to explain the plot line. It starts out as a girl being called the Duff but turns into something so much deeper and through provoking that I ever imagined. This book left me speechless and I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. It was wonderful and I looking forward to Keplinger's other books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment