Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Can't Keep My Own Secrets-Larry Smith

Title: I Can't Keep My Own Secrets
Author: Larry Smith
Source: Bought Used
Series: No
Rating: 5/5














True tales of love, loss, good friends, and bad hair days filled "Not Quite What I Was Planning," the "New York Times" bestselling first book in the Six-Word Memoir series--and an international phenomenon. Some of the most compelling were by teens, so now SMITH Magazine has compiled a book written entirely by these bold, brash truth-tellers. From cancer to creativity, prom dates to promiscuity, and breaking hearts to breaking laws, the memoirs in this collection reveal that often the youngest writers have the most fascinating stories to tell.

Met online; love before first sight.

Hair's pink to piss you off.

I fulfilled my awkwardness quota today.

I'm seventeen, engaged, and not pregnant.

My mom had my boyfriend deported.

Late for school every single day.

According to Facebook, we broke up.


How do you even properly describe this book? I have no clue. I seen this book probably about a year ago on a blog and I have wanted to read it ever since. I found it at a library book sale where I got a big bag of books for $3.00. 

This took me at most an hour to read but it was so powerful. There were some funny six word memoirs and there were some sad ones. It was really good. I loved so many in there that I cannot even explain. 

The only thing I can say about this book is get your hand on a copy and read it. I am keeping my copy tucked away on my bookshelf so I can re-read it any time I want. I gave it a 5/5 stars because it just grabbed my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment