Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Review of Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Title: Finding Cinderella
Author:  Colleen Hoover
Source:  Free on Kindle
Series: Standalone/ companion to Hopeless series
Rating: 4/5








Goodreads Summary:

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.
When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairy tales.
One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.


This is the third book I have read by Colleen Hoover and like the other two books she did not disappoint. The premise of this story is about a boy who finds himself with a free period due to an administrative error so he hangs out in a janitor's closet to make sure none knows he is not in a class. One day when he is sitting in there a girl comes in crying, they never exchange names, they just hang out together and he gives her the nickname of  Cinderella. The story fast forwards a few years and the same boy just dumped his girlfriend and meets up with two friends (Holden and Sky) where he meets Six who is unlike any girl he has met before.

This book is fast paced, short but makes an impact. I found the plot twist to be pretty obvious, however it did not make it any less emotional when the characters figured it out. It made me curious to read Holden's story in Hopeless which I purchased quite awhile ago for my kindle.

I am fast becoming a huge fan of Colleen Hoover and I own two more of her books that I have yet to devour and I cannot wait to read these stories. The only recommendation I have for this is if you are interested in Hopeless I would suggest skipping this since it does feature characters from that novel also. The opening portion does advise this but it also does indicate that you can read this book first, but I felt like I would have enjoyed it a little more if I would have seen Daniel through Holden's POV first.

No comments:

Post a Comment