Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Arkham Asylum: Maddness- Sam Kieth

Title: Arkham Asylum: Maddness

Author: Sam Kieth

Source: Bought used

Series: Yes

Rating: 5/5











Goodreads Summary:

It is the most feared house in all of Gotham. It contains the worst that the city has to offer. It is the place where the Dark Knight's most dangerous and psychotic foes call home. Writer / artist Sam Kieth, the creator of THE MAXX, invites you to spend 24 hours in the most haunted house in the DC Universe, Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane in this original Batman graphic novel.

This book is amazing. I went in looking for Batman Arkham Asylum which sadly my library does not carry but the bookstore owner advised he did have this book so to purchase it.  I am a huge Batman fan. I am complete nerd and I love it.

The art and story in this book is amazing. It follows the lives of the nurses and staff who work in the Arkham Asylum. This book is really dark which I figured it would be but I think a warning should be given before someone decides to pick this book up. If you do not like dark novels then I do not recommend this book.

The novel starts by following a nurse named Sabine who is a young mother who wishes she did not have to work at the asylum. She is learning about the patients from one of the older nurses at the asylum. The point of view jumps around a little bit and shows what the patients and other staff members while she works a 24 hour shift.

The art is absolutely stunning, it was beautiful and detailed. There was so much detailing in every picture. I am really excited to read the other novels in this series. I more than likely will try to buy them used due to the fact that there is over sixty books in this series I believe they retail for around $19.99. I wish I could write a better review about how much I liked this book but I am having a hard time articulating exactly how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment