Friday, April 5, 2013

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel- Richelle Mead


Title: Vampire Academt: The Graphic Novel
Author: Richelle Mead
Source: Borrowed from the libray
Series: Yes
Rating: 4/5














Goodreads Summary:

After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.

Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.



Thoughts:
I have this entire series sitting on my self but I only read the first one. I thought it was good but I did not fall completely in love with the series which is why I still have not completed the series. I decided to read the graphic novel to see if it would grab my attention more than the written novel did.

This book covered the main plot points, so I was glad I read the novel first so that I got more information than the graphic novel provided. I liked that it covered the main points, and it grabbed my attention and made me want to continue with the series. I want to re-read the first novel and then continue on from there.

Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir and she is a bodyguard for best friend Lissa who is a Moroi vampire princess. They ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy which is a boarding school for vampires. Rose went on the run with Lissa to protect her but now they have been caught and are now being dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy. Rose believes that Lissa is still in danger and not everyone is glad that Lissa and Rose are back, it is getting harder and harder for Rose to protect Lissa as the leader's of the school believe this is the safest place for Lissa.

This book takes place in a board school which is full of vampires. I really enjoyed this story, I love the setting, so many things are happening. It's hard to describe this book without giving too much away. They are some pretty delicious sounding love interest in this book. This books got everything I love in a book, action, adventure, a great plot and good looking love interest. I really hope the second book will grab my attention more than the first one did. I have heard that this series does get better as it goes along so I may need to slog through the first few until it grabs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment